Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Advanced Distributed Systems Design with SOA

I recently attended the course "Advanced Distributed Systems Design with Service Oriented Architecture" with Udi Dahan. I found this course to have a profound impact on the way that I think about software design. This course was the most intense 5 days of my professional life and I would highly recommend attending it if you get a chance.

I found Udi to be a unique presenter in the way that he was incredibly balanced, and reasonably unbiased in the way he presented the topics at hand, and while he has a vested interest in his own product NServiceBus it is not spouted as the only way to do Enterprise Service Buses (ESB), nor that ESBs are the only way to build a system architecture.

I am writing this series of posts as a way to internalize what I have learned, and so I will follow closely the Topics of the course (however I wouldn't recommend substituting this resource for Udi's course):

  1. Distributed Systems Theory
  2. Coupling in Distributed Systems
  3. Messaging Patterns
  4. Architectural Styles, Bus and Broker
  5. Service Oriented Architecture Building Blocks
  6. Service Structure
  7. Scalability and Flexibility Monitoring and Management
  8. Long Running Processes
  9. Service Layer - Domain Model Interactions
  10. Web Services and User Interfaces
Many thanks to Udi and all those that made it possible for me to attend such a mind opening course.

No comments:

Post a Comment